Thursday, October 8, 2009

Handy work I have been doing lately!

I have been busy as usual.
First off I have made two dolls. We have had a School girl challenge at vintage cloth dollmaking group at yahoo.
I used Judy Wards double dart pattern for one. I enjoyed making her, and used a pattern from my "Doll reader" book, that I have been wanting to make for years by Donna Miska " A little German school girl.





I have used water colour pencils and acrylic paint to colour her.



Her shoes are just some old plastic shoes painted with acylic paint.




Her school back pack, is made from very thin leather.



All her clothes were hand stitched.




The second doll I made was for the UK fabric figures group, but didn't finish in time to enter the challenge. Those pleats were so hard to do!





This doll reminded me of myself when I was a girl. So I dressed her in the school uniform that, I wore to school in the UK.



Recently I joined the Stitchmap (mentor apprentice program)  at Yahoo groups. This is to keep embroidery live, through Mentoring and learning.  I volunteered to work on a CQ block for a replacement quilt that was lost in a fire. Can't wait to see the whole quilt, but here is my contribution.





I have finished my Tunisan crochet blanket.
It is a bit wonky, but that's ok!




I have also started a new one!
I like doing this as you don't have to think about it!












No comments:

Post a Comment