Saturday, September 5, 2009

Busy last weekend!

Saturday

Let me see what did I do !
Went for a walk with a friend, from around the corner. We walked for around two hours. The time flies, when you are chatting!

Came home, did the usual boring stuff ! Tidy and cleaned the house Yuk!  Mowned the lawns and weed sprayed.

I finished my Challenge /Swap Autumn Tea towel , for the International hand stitchers Yahoo group, and started a new one.


Made some Lemon and Sultana Muffins and Hokey Pokey Biscuits.
Did a bit more on my Tunisian crochet.


I have some much wool to use up, that this blanket project is a good start.
Boy did I sleep well!
Sunday
Well what a different day it is!  Started off sunny, so I finished the weed spraying.  An hour later the heavens opened.!
Today I am concerating on sowing seeds.  That took several hours. This year I have tried to grow unusual vegies, like red carrots, and black radishes etc.  I want to be as self sufficent as possible.
I decided to do this under cover of the verrandah, because there isn't enough room in the plastic house with me, and two large dogs and a cat. They follow me everywhere! 
 Well good job I was under cover because it poured down!
All starting to grow in the plastic house !
Our Lemonade tree has done very well this year, so I have made heaps of real Lemonade.
It's only a very small tree, but produced heaps of fruit.
Here is the recipe.
Lemonade
8 lemonade fruit
1 Tablespoon Citric acid
4 cups sugar
8 cups water
Chop up Lemonade fruit roughly.  Add to pot with other ingredients and boil for 20 minutes.  Cool
Squeeze and strain fruit.
To use dilute 1 to 3 or to taste.
Yum!